Anxiety and stress are common issues that many people face in their daily lives. While there are many treatments available, some people are turning to CBD as a natural alternative. At CannaPlus+ CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant. It’s believed to have a range of potential health benefits, including reducing anxiety and stress.
In this beginner’s guide, we’ll explain how to use CBD oil for anxiety and stress, and provide some tips for getting the most out of your CBD experience.
What is CBD?
Before we get into how to use CBD oil for anxiety and stress, let’s review what CBD is and how it works. CBD is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant. Unlike THC, another compound found in cannabis, CBD is not psychoactive, meaning it won’t get you “high.” Instead, it’s believed to have a range of potential health benefits, including reducing anxiety, managing pain, and improving sleep.
How to Use CBD Oil for Anxiety and Stress
There are many ways to use CBD for anxiety and stress, including:
- CBD oil: CBD oil is one of the most popular ways to consume CBD. It’s easy to use and can be taken orally or added to food or drinks. CBD oil is available in a range of strengths, so it’s important to start with a low dose and gradually increase until you find the right dose for you. Your CannaPlus+ doctor can help you to create a plan for implementing this process commonly known as titration.
- CBD capsules: CBD capsules are a convenient way to consume CBD, especially if you’re on the go. They’re easy to take and come in a range of strengths. However, it’s improtant to know that CBD capsules are not recognised as an approved method for medicinal dosing in New Zealand,
- CBD edibles: CBD edibles, commonly reffered to as gummies, are a tasty way to consume CBD. However, this method is not recognised by the governing medical body in New Zealand and is only available through selected channels.
- CBD vaping: CBD can also be consumed through vaping. This method is fast-acting, but it’s important to use a high-quality vaporizer and to be prescribed a reputable CBD oil.
Tips for Using CBD for Anxiety and Stress
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your CBD experience for anxiety and stress:
- Start with a low dose: It’s important to start with a low dose of CBD and gradually increase until you find the right dose for you. This will help you avoid any unwanted side effects.
- Be patient: CBD can take time to work, so it’s important to be patient and give it time to take effect. It may take a few days or weeks of consistent use to feel the full effects.
- Choose medical grade, high-quality products: Only use CBD products that are tested for purity and potency (Medically registered). Using a medically registered product ensures that you have consistency in your treatment. Make sure to choose products from reputable companies and check for third-party lab results.
- Talk to your healthcare provider: If you’re considering using CBD for anxiety and stress, it’s important to talk to your healthcare provider first. They can help you determine if CBD is right for you and provide guidance on dosing and potential interactions with other medications. You can book in with one of our professionals here.
In conclusion, CBD may be a natural alternative for reducing anxiety and stress. There are many ways to consume CBD, including oils, capsules, edibles, topicals, and vaping. It’s important to start with a low dose and be patient, and to choose high-quality products from reputable companies.