What are the signs and symptoms of Insomnia?
If you are having trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep at night, you may be suffering from Insomnia. Symptoms of which may include:
* Difficulty falling asleep at night.
* Constantly waking up during the night.
* Tiredness or sleepiness throughout your day/
* A feeling of Irritability, depression or anxiety.
* Difficulty paying attention, focusing on tasks or remembering.
Can Medicinal Cannabis support better sleep?
Medicinal Cannabis holds promise as an alternative or adjunctive therapy for managing the causes of the likes of Insomnia. Medicinal Cannabis treatments and CBD oil can help promote relaxation while providing less reported side effects such as nausea and drowsiness compared to some prescribed pharmaceutical alternatives.
How common is Insomnia?
Approximately one-quarter of adults in New Zealand may suffer from a chronic sleep problem, highlighting insomnia as a major public health issue in New Zealand.